It is not to late to turn back!
Escape from Meriden Summer (As yet – no event specified. www.convergence.run is running in the usual June spot)
Escape from Meriden Autumn (November 16th 2018 )
This event sells out fast (less than 24 hours) after that we get a constant stream of emails begging for places. There is no wait list, because we oversell places by 20% to account for this. If you missed out, try June’s www.convergence.run
You can enter solo, or you can enter as a pair (if you fear the dark). If you enter as a pair you must remain together at all times.
- Individual entries for the 24 hour event cost a mere £34 each (+ Etchrock booking fee)
- Pair Entries are for the 24 hour event cost £34 each (+ Etchrock booking fee)
- The special “Chained” category, in association with Mark Cockbain, (Autumn edition only). This extended category is 36 hours long, costs £65 per person (+ Etchrock booking fee). The opportunity to travel for 12 hours longer, with the aim of going for 130 miles or more to win one of the ‘Chained’ medals, in addition to the standard applicable as the crow flies Meriden medal
What is included:
- Entry into Escape From Meriden; an event unlike any other
- Prisoner, you will be electronically tagged at registration. The event is made possible by use of a RaceDrone GPS Tracking device, so the crow can watch (You will receive it at registration. Pairs get one tracker between them. You must post it back after the event (on the Monday) via Signed For delivery, at your own cost)
- Race Number
- Tyvek-style lightweight Orange coloured jumpsuit (prisoner style) – optional wear – adds to the fun
- You can purchase a T-shirt as an optional extra if you wish, for either edition. There is a basic T-shirt and a Premium tech-fabric T-shirt to choose from
- A reward:
- Escape less than 30 miles, as the crow flies, and receive certificate recording your distance. Handy online tool here
- Escape 30 miles, as the crow files, to claim The Silver Crow medallion
- Escape 60 miles, as the crow flies, to claim The Gold Crow medallion
- Escape 90 miles, as the crow files, to claim The Black Crow medallion
- Chained Category Only. Escape 60 miles, as the crow flies to win Gold, and then do 130 miles or more in total (not as the crow flies) to qualify for the special “Chained 130” medal
- You reward will be sent to you after the event
- Trophies for; furthest flight Female, Furthest flight Male, Furthest Flight Pair
- King of The Hill Award for “Most elevation gained”
- The Crow’s Spoon for “Most pathetic escape attempt”
If you cancel before one month before the event or more you will lose £5. You can defer if you notify at least one month before the event date.
You cannot defer or cancel within the last month. You can sell your place and transfer in someone else (via the booking portal) at no cost.