It’s not too late to turn back
Interest in the event is considerable following the 2016 edition. Entry numbers have not been increased, but entries will remain open and take 20% extra over-capcity. This is purely to account for withdrawals in the time before the event. There is no wait list once the event fills.
You can enter solo, or you can enter as a pair (if you fear the dark). If you enter as a pair you must remain together at all times.
- Individual entries for either 24 hour event cost a mere £34 each (+ £2.70 Eventbrite booking fee)
- Pair entries are for either 24 hour event cost £68 per pair (+ Eventbrite’s booking fee)
- The Special “Chained” category, in association with Mark Cockbain, (Autumn edition only). This extended category is 36 hours long costs £65 per person, providing the opportunity to travel 130 miles or more to win ‘Chained’ medals, in addition to the standard Meriden medals. £130 for a pair (+ Eventbrite’s booking fee)
What will my coin buy me?
- Entry into Escape From Meriden; an event unlike any other
- The event is made possible by use of a RaceDrone GPS Tracking device, so the crow can watch (You will receive it at registration. Pairs get one tracker between them. You must post it back after the event (on the Monday) via Signed For delivery, at your own cost)
- Race Number
- The Autumn Edition in 2017 will includes a free bright orange Tyvek-style jumpsuit for everyone. You are a prisoner after all! The jumpsuit provides a valuable extra later of warmth!
- You can purchase a T-shirt as an optional extra if you wish, for either edition. There is a basic T-shirt and a Premium tech-fabric T-shirt to choose from
- A reward:
- Escape less than 30 miles, as the crow flies, and receive certificate recording your distance. Handy online tool here
- Escape 30 miles, as the crow files, to claim The Silver Crow medallion
- Escape 60 miles, as the crow flies, to claim The Gold Crow medallion
- Escape 90 miles, as the crow files, to claim The Black Crow medallion
- Chained Category Only. Escape 60 miles, as the crow flies to win Gold, and then do 130 miles or more in total (not as the crow flies) to qualify for the special “Chained 130” medal
- You reward will be sent to you after the event
- Trophies for; furthest flight Female, Furthest flight Male, Furthest Flight Pair
- The Great Escape award for “Most interesting route”
- The Crow’s Spoon for “Most pathetic escape attempt”
If you cancel before one month before the event or more you will lose £5. You can defer if you notify at least one month before the event date.
You cannot defer or cancel within the last month. You can sell your place and transfer in someone else (via Eventbrite) at no cost.