You’ve made it this far. So why not come a little further…
A Stone Cross stands in the centre of the England; in Meriden. It has stood for 500 years. Every year hundreds of prisoners will gather around that cross, late into the night. At midnight, the Crow will release you. Then, you must Escape from Meriden…
Use any route you dare, and run. Run as far away, and as fast as you can, for 24 hours (“chained” category entrants get 36 hours), then the sands of time run out.
The Crow will be watching all of the prisoners as they escape, using the miracle of Race Drone event tracking technology. The Crow will judge how far the shadows have run, and reward them. Make a feeble attempt to escape, and receive just paper. Venture further and claim silver. Further still and take Gold. If your flight takes you 90 miles then The Black Crow will be yours. Be assured, few black crows will be claimed, if any. There’s a twist…The miles are measured “as the crow flies”, not miles travelled.
There is a little more to tell you.
- You can escape only on foot. The Crow knows how fast you travel
- You can attempt escape solo for 24 hours, either female or male
- If you are scared of the dark, you can escape for 24 hours as a pair
- In the Autumn edition only, if you are after the most authentic escape experience, you can be “chained” to your partner, and run for 36 hours!
- You will be given no advice on where to run, or hide
- You make your own route. Use any means you wish to wayfind
- You obviously can’t use private land or anything illegal (motorways etc).
- Your route choice is your own choice and risk. We recommend strongly that you stay off roads that have no pavement
- There are no checkpoints. Use your wit and guile to feed yourself. Call for your mother if you must
- The World will keep an eye on you from afar using tracking technology
Have more questions? The wise old bird has the answers
Feel ready to take your first steps into a darker world? Register Here