It is not to late to turn back!
Escape from Meriden November 2020
The Superstition Edition
Solo and pairs are sold out. Only a few chained places remain unsold
In 2020 there are circa – 400 convicts
You can enter solo, or you can enter as a pair (if you fear the dark). If you enter as a pair you must remain together at all times.
- Individual entries for the 24 hour event cost a mere £38 each (plus payment gateway fee £1.95)
- Pair Entries are for the 24 hour event cost £38 each (plus payment gateway fee £1.95)
- The special “Chained” category for 2-6 runners, in association with Mark Cockbain, (Autumn edition only). This extended category is 36 hours long, costs £66 per person (plus payment gateway fee £2.50. The opportunity to travel for 12 hours longer, with the aim of going for 130 ‘real miles’ or more to win one of the ‘Chained’ medals, in addition to the applicable as the crow flies Meriden medal
What is included:
- Entry into Escape From Meriden; an event unlike any other
- Prisoner, you will be electronically tagged at registration. The event is made possible by use of a RaceDrone GPS Tracking device, so the crow can watch (You will receive it at registration. Pairs get one tracker between them. You must post it back after the event (on the Monday) via Signed For delivery, at your own cost)
- New for 2019: Medical Support Helpline
- 200 x Tyvek-like lightweight Orange coloured jumpsuit (prisoner style) – optional wear – adds to the fun – dished out first come first served on the night
- You can purchase a T-shirt as an optional extra if you wish for £15.50
- Escape over 30 miles, as the crow files, to claim The Silver Crow medallion
- Escape over 60 miles, as the crow flies, to claim The Gold Crow medallion
- Escape over 90 miles, as the crow files, to claim The Black Crow medallion
- Chained Category Only. Escape 60 miles, as the crow flies to win Gold, and then do 130 miles or more in total (not as the crow flies) to qualify for the special “Chained 130” medal
- Handy online tool here
- You reward will be sent to you after the event
- Trophies for; furthest flight Female, Furthest flight Male, Furthest Flight Pair
- Duke of York Award for “Most elevation gained”
- The Crow’s Spoon for “Most pathetic escape attempt”
Places do come up for resale on the Beyond Marathon Community Facebook Page closer to the event.
Once it sells out, a few spaces remain on www.convergence.run
That event is the opposite of Escape from Meriden)
No deferral or cancellation. You can sell your place and transfer in someone else at zero cost. Places are in high-demand and have historically exchanged hands very quickly.