As it stands, Escape from Meriden is going ahead, with changes to ensure social distancing at the start. If a ‘nationwide’ lockdown is implemented that spans the event dates, the event will of course be postponed to 2021 and we will contact you again.
If you wish to defer to 2021, you must choose ‘I/we wish to defer to 2021’ from the form (linked later in this email).
Everyone must complete the form linked below by this Sunday (18th October)
Anyone who does not respond, they will be assumed to be withdrawing and the place cancelled entirely
Do not respond via email with your choice. Everyone must fill in the form to state their intention to attend or defer, and you cannot change you mind later/closer to the event. The response you make will form the basis of the orders we place for trackers/merchandise/paper suits. If you decide not to fill in the form, or do not show up on the day you will be assumed as withdrawing from the event entirely (you will not be deferred to 2021).
After you complete the form, on assumption you choose to attend, you cannot later sell the place/edit the runner name.
Assuming the event goes ahead, the start will be staggered. There will not be any hall hire for registration. You will receive a race guidebook and video race briefing 4 weeks before the event starts.
For Solo or pairs
- You can either have your tracker/pre-booked merchandise/pre-booked paper jumpsuit delivered to a home address and start anytime you like after midday on Friday to midnight on Friday. If you opt for delivery, the cost of this is £4.60 which is the cost for Signed For delivery). We will send out the requests for PayPal payment 1 week in advance of the event. It will be dispatched via 1st class recorded on 9th/10th November
- You can collect a tracker/pre-booked merchandise only and start in Meriden book a fixed 1-minute time window between 6pm and 10pm. Wear a face covering when you collect the tracker, and carry it for use in any shops as required. We will not have jumpsuits to collect due to the logistics of no having premises with waste disposal facilities for the wrappers. If you want a paper jumpsuit, you will have to book it for a delivery this year
For Chained. Chained is its own event, run by Mark Cockbain who sets the rules/cost. He has advised as follows.
- You will book a 5-minute slot, to arrive and be chained to your partner between 7pm and 10pm. This year the chain will be slightly longer than 1 metre. You should arrive to register and start the event wearing a face covering/running mask. It is up to you if you take it off later, but Mark advises use of a durable mask during the event as needed/appropriate
- If you want a paper jumpsuit, this will have to be booked for a delivery, but you will still have to book a timeslot to be chained. If you opt for delivery, the cost of this is £4.60 which is the cost for Signed For delivery). We will send out the requests for PayPal payment 1 week in advance of the event. It will be dispatched via 1st class recorded on 9th/10th November
In the link below, only 1 person or one team member should complete it:
- Choose to Attend 2020, or Defer to 2021
- Solo and Pairs can book a home delivery or request a timeslot preference (1st, 2nd, 3rd choice)
- Chained can request a timeslot (1st, 2nd, 3rd choice)
- Decide if you want a paper jumpsuit and size (only applicable to home delivery). Do not order one if you don’t think you will use it. We do not want to add to environmental waste unecessarily
Click link below to complete the form